International Students

A large part of our student base come from a variety of different locations around the world, and we encourage all eligible international students to apply to the UBC Engineering Co-op program.

Our program can give international students valuable work experience whilst exploring British Columbia, Canada, or even another country.

For Co-op, international students pay regular fees as per the UBC calendar.

Employment Authorization Information:
All International students must obtain an Employment Authorization from Immigration Canada prior to going out on their first work term.  This is a legal document that entitles a non-Canadian Citizen or Permanent Resident to work in Canada.

As work terms are an essential and integral part of a co-op student’s course of study, you are eligible to apply for Employment Authorization through Immigration Canada.

Once accepted into the Co-op program, all international students are invited to a seminar to explain the process.  You will also be provided with a “Studentship Letter” to prove your full time enrolment and the requirement to work as part of the program.  Full support, and more information about Employment Authorization, is provided by UBC’s International House.

We encourage all international students to familiarize themselves with the programs, resources and services offered to support your success at UBC!

a place of mind, The University of British Columbia

Faculty of Applied Science
5000-2332 Main Mall,
Vancouver, BC, V6T 1Z4, Canada
UBC Engineering Co-op Program
2385 East Mall,
Vancouver, BC, V6T 1Z4, Canada
Tel: 604-822-3022
Fax: 604-822-3449

Emergency Procedures | Accessibility | Contact UBC  | © Copyright The University of British Columbia