Each CIE partner institution offers applied science courses that have been approved by the UBC Faculty of Applied Science. The credits you earn from the approved courses you take at these institutions will be transferred to UBC. (Note: A final transcript from the university where you have completed your international academic term must be received by UBC for students to receive the UBC transfer credit)
Please refer to the course mappings below for pre-approved courses and transfer credits for your department and program:
*Now updated for 2017/2018 Term 1 and Term 2 opportunities.
[Please note our office location has changed to KAIS 1100 as of August 2017]
- Bachelor of Environmental Design: Australia
- Chemical and Biological Engineering: Asia (TBC) / Australia / Europe
- Civil Engineering: Arctic Semester / Asia (TBC) / Australia / Europe
- Computer and Electrical Engineering: Asia (TBC) / Australia / Europe
- Engineering Physics: Asia (TBC) / Australia / Europe
- Environmental: Asia (TBC) / Arctic Semester / Australia / Europe
- Geological Engineering: Arctic Semester / Australia
- Integrated Engineering: Asia (TBC) / Australia / Europe
- Materials Engineering: Asia (TBC) / Australia / Europe
- Mechanical Engineering: Asia (TBC) / Australia / Europe
- Mining Engineering
- UBC Okanagan School of Engineering:
We are constantly reviewing and updating our course mappings.
The course mappings are projections of courses offered at each institution, and are provided as an initial guideline of courses you can take while studying abroad through CIE. However, the course offerings at the partner institutions may change each year and as course scheduling and availability is determined by the partner institutions, we cannot guarantee placement in these courses. You must review the semester/timetable information and required pre-requisites of each course when building your study plan.
All pre-approved engineering courses are offered in English at the CIE partner institution, unless noted otherwise.